Most people have no problem warming up before they exercise, as it’s a well-known fact that warm-ups help prepare the body for intense exercise, prevent injury, and ensure better performance. However, not everyone appreciates cool-down exercises as much.
- They reduce lactic acid build-up, thereby preventing stiffness and cramping.
- They aid in minimising delayed onset muscle soreness or DOMS.
- They help with muscle recovery.
- They relax the nervous system.
- They promote flexibility and mobility.
- They help one's body temperature slowly get back to normal.
- They normalise the heart rate and slow down breathing, preventing the possibility of fainting or losing consciousness.
So, remember not to skip your cool-down session after exercising; more so, if you’ve just had a strenuous workout. And if you’re wondering which exercises are excellent for cooling your body down, here’s a list of the most effective cool-down exercises for you to try post-workout:
#1 - Seated forward-bend
#2 - Child’s pose
#3 - Standing forward bend
#4 -Hamstring roll
#5 - Quadriceps roll
#6 - Ankle circles
#7 - Lower back release
#8 - Massage-gun massage
Never miss another cool-down session
Cool Down at Home
Orbit Fitness has a wide range of stretching aids to help you get the most from your home cool-down routine.
Talk to our team today to find the right product to support your fitness goals.